The University is the individual town 30 ha in area the territory of which includes all academic buildings and hostels, Palace of Culture, buildings of laboratories and scientific and research departments, sports center, swimming pool, stadium, polyclinic, refectory, coffee bar, clubs, stores, household institutions.
The University was established in 1930 on the base of polytechnic school and the faculty of railway engineers under Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
The University offers good opportunities for development of the amateur creative activities of students, organization of their leisure, sports activities. The Palace of Student’s Culture was opened in 1984; the Palace includes the assembly hall for 1 000 seats, cinema hall for 250 seats, big dancing hall.
The sports center which includes stadium, swimming pool, building with halls for weightlifting, wrestling, artistic gymnastics, team sports offers great opportunities for physical training and sport. Every student has an opportunity to choose his or her favorite sport and to improve his or her mastery.
Medical service for students is provided by the outpatient clinic under Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport named after academician V. Lazaryan. The polyclinic is located in student’s hostel.
The international cooperation is of the most important area of activity of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport that facilitates the solution of main tasks of transport higher educational institution: training of high-skilled professionals, development of scientific fields.
The main purpose of the University is the integration into global educational and scientific community.
- Bridges and Traffic Tunnels
- Heat Power Engineering
- Electrical Transport
- Electromechanical Systems of Automation and Electric Drive
- Electrotechnical Systems of Electrical Energy Consumption
- Locomotives and Locomotive Facilities
- Railcars and Carriage Facilities
- Carrying and Lifting, Building, Road, Land-Improvement Machines and Equipment
- Motor Transport Vehicles and Vehicle Fleet
- Arrangement of Transportations and Management at the Railway Transport
- Arrangement of Transportations and Management at the Motor Transport
- Railway Buildings and Railway Equipment
- Automobile Roads and Airfields
- Industrial and Civil Engineering
- Water Supply and Water Disposal
- Ecology and Environment Protection
- Accounting and Audit
- Finance and Credit
- Corporate and Administrative Management