Up to 10.000 USD dollars for one person under verbal declaring on the customs control. Passenger passes through “green” route without submission of documents, filling of customs declaration and payment of customs duties.
More than 10.000 – compulsory writing declaring (filling of customs declaration) and passenger passes through “red” route. It is necessary to submit the bank statement where cash withdrawal of your personal bank account or financial institution is reflected. Data from the statement are valid and accepted within 30 calendar days starting from the day of issue. At the request of the worker of Customs Service of Ukraine passenger has to submit the documented proof of currency receiving source.
Tobacco and alcohol
Full-aged passengers (more than 18 years old) can carry tobacco and tobacco products in the following quantities:
up to 200 cigarettes (200 cigarettes = 10 packs of cigarettes = 1 block of cigarettes) or up to 50 cigars or up to 250 grams of tobacco for 1 adult full-aged person. Import of tobacco or tobacco products by underage passengers is strictly prohibited!
If passenger carries tobacco or tobacco products within specified norm he passes through “green” route, if the quantity exceeds the norm he passes through “red” route, fills in the customs declaration and pays for customs duties.
Full-aged passengers (more than 18 years old) can carry alcoholic drinks in the following quantities:
1 LITER OF VODKA (rum, brandy, tequila, whisky and other strong alcoholic drinks with alcohol content >22%) or 2 LITERS OF WINE or 5 LITERS OF BEER for 1 adult full-aged person.
If passenger carries alcohol or alcoholic drinks within specified norm he passes through “green” route, if the quantity exceeds the norm he passes through “red” route, fills in the customs declaration and pays for customs duties. Import of alcohol and alcoholic drinks by underage passengers is strictly prohibited!
Alcoholic drinks can be imported exclusively in registered luggage or in special package if purchased in Duty Free or on the board of the plane.
About quantity and procedure of import/export of foodstuff for personal use.
It is permitted to import to Ukraine foodstuff for personal use FOR A TOTAL AMOUNT UP TO 200 EURO in the following quantities:
- Foodstuff in the package of producer designated for retail trade (for example, chocolate, spaghetti, tea, coffee, olive oil, other) is permitted to import in the quantity not exceeding 1 package or 2 kg of every kind;
- Unpacked foodstuff (for example: fruits, vegetables, meat, bacon, cheeses, other) – is permitted to import in the quantity not exceeding 2 kg of every kind;
- Unpacked foodstuff – one-piece ready-to-eat product (for example, smoked chicken, sausage, home-made preserved food, other) – is permitted to import in the quantity of 1 piece of every kind.
About quantity and procedure of import/export of pharmaceutical drugs.
Pharmaceutical drugs can be imported in luggage and hand-luggage in the following quantities:
- no more than 5 packages (tins) of every kind for one person (except for pharmaceutical drugs containing narcotic and psychotropic substances);
- not exceeding the quantity specified in the prescription issued by the consulting physician (as a rule for course of treatment requiring bigger quantity of pharmaceutical drugs). It is possible only upon the availability of medical prescription specifying surnames and names of consulting physician and patient and containing doctor’s signature and hospital’s seal.
It is prohibited to carry pharmaceutical drugs containing narcotic and psychotropic substances without written permission of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine.
About quantity and procedure of import/export of goods
Goods are items designated for personal use. We recommend you to have checks, receipts or delivery notes with names and prices of goods for confirmation of cost of imported goods. If passenger has no such documents customs officer have to define the customs cost of goods according to the established procedure.
Goods at the total cost of less than 1.000 euro
are liable to verbal declaring and passenger passes through “green” route. It is not necessary to fill in the customs declaration and to pay for customs duties.
Goods at the total cost of more than 1.000 euro
(or in the case of import more often than once a day) are liable to compulsory writing declaring, passenger fills in the customs declaration, pays for customs duties and passes through “red” route.
Customs duty for imported goods:
- If the total customs cost of goods exceeds 1.000 euro but less than 10.000 euro such goods are liable to import customs duty in the amount of 10% from total customs cost, value added tax 20% (VAT).
- If the total customs cost of goods exceeds 10.000 euro such goods are liable to import customs duty according to full rate in accordance with Customs tariffs of Ukraine, value added tax (VAT).
The amount of paid customs duty is calculated with due regard to total cost of products. Passenger can confirm the cost of products with the aid of sales checks, labels, receipts, delivery notes with names and prices of goods, other documents submitted to customs officer. If passenger has no such documents customs officer have to define the customs cost of goods on the base of prices for similar goods.
Please note that you have to provide the accurate data in customs declaration on property you possess as well on its quantity and names.
About quantity and procedure of import/export of personal property.
Personal property includes the items designated exclusively for personal use. For example:
- clothes, underwear and footwear;
- personal hygiene products;
- usable beauty products and perfumery (up to 500 ml of scented water or up to 100 ml of perfumery);
- personal jewellery including high-value with evidences of use;
- 2 wristwatches;
- 2 mobile phones, 1 video camera, 1 picture camera, 3 flash drives, 1 calculator, 1 electronic book reader, 2 portable personal computers (laptop), 1 portable projection device, 1 portable TV set, 1 portable printing machine;
- 2 portable musical instruments;
- 1 portable sound reproducer (tape-recorder, voice recorder, CD player, other);
- reasonable quantity of disks, records, tapes, cassettes;
- reasonable quantity of accessories (charging device, battery, headphones, cable, other);
- sports equipment;
- 1 binocular or 1 monocle;
- 1 carriage;
- other personal hygiene items.
If passenger luggage contains exclusively personal property the passenger can pass through “green” route without filling of customs declaration.